AMNS (Athens and Midlands Network System) is curently one of the most popular commercial networks which is run by seven franchises.
Each franchise lasts for ten years, where it gets reviewed. The last franchise review was on August 2004, when thw AMNS was launched by the Government in conjuction with TVS.
AMNS Network System:
- Athens: Parthenon Television
- Midlands: Midlands Independent Television
- North: Moors TV
- South East and Spartan Peninsula: Sparta Television
- South: TVS (TVS also runs one national channel and one region-wide channel)
- North West: Grampian Television (By co-incidence, happens to match the UK ITV broadcaster)
- East: EastTV