|Info: NSEconomy RC XML|
- 1 CATHOLIC
- 2 Catholic Description and Charter
- 2.1 The description of Catholic
- 2.2 The Catholic Charter
- 2.2.1 Presentation
- 2.2.2 THE CATHOLIC CHARTER
- 22.214.171.124 PREAMBLE
- 126.96.36.199 I. PURPOSE AND GOALS OF THE REGION
- 188.8.131.52 II FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND REGIONAL CITIZENSHIP
- 184.108.40.206 III LIMITS AND POWERS OF THE CHARTERED REGION
- 220.127.116.11 IV INSTITUTIONS OF THE REGION
- 18.104.22.168 V THE CHARTERED REGION AND NON-CHARTED REGIONAL STATES
- 22.214.171.124 VI THE REGION AND THE REST OF THE WORLD
- 126.96.36.199 VI RATIFICATION
- 188.8.131.52 SPONSORS:
- 184.108.40.206 SIGNATORIES:
- 3 History
- 4 Jobs in Catholic
- 5 Catholic Region Factbook
- 6 Trivia
Catholic is a large region composed of many Islands and one major landmass. There 49 total nations in Catholic, these are:
|The Constitutional Monarchy of Amaranthine Asphodel||Left-Leaning College State||"Nothing poetic in the world shall dwell!"|
|The Imperium Sacrum of Munificientissimus Deus||Democratic Socialists||"Mittere Pacem Non Veni Sed Gladium"|
|The Holy Matriarchy of Our Lady of The Nunnish Nations||Psychotic Dictatorship||"A Nation of Sisters who can Raise a few Blisters!"|
|The Holy Republic of Chelskiden||Democratic Socialists||"If God is for us, who can be against?"|
|The Catholic Republic of Nonnon||New York Times Democracy||"Pro Ecclesia, Pro Familia, Pro Civitate"|
|The Theocracy of Roma Cathchurch||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"sed tantum dic verbo, et sadabitur anima mea"|
|The Things Not Thought of After the Revelation||Corrupt Dictatorship||"Your every act should be done with love."|
|The Most Serene Republic of Sistina||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Proverbs 18:21"|
|The Theocratique Republic of Catholicat||Democratic Socialists||"Christ has risen"|
|The Catholic Commonwealth of Osbalstium||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Illigitimi non carberundum"|
|The Principality of Pyxarn||Father Knows Best State||"In Deo confido"|
|The Jingoistic States of Pauli the Great||Democratic Socialists||"All animals are equal, some are more equal than others"|
|The Holy Republic of Terra Ecclesia (Defunct)||Democratic Socialists||"Light Invokes Purity"|
|The Kingdom of The Invisible Snake||Democratic Socialists||"It's what you do that counts most"|
|The Holy Empire of Brussel Griffonia||Iron Fist Consumerists||"Bless the puppies."|
|The Theocracy of Texonomy||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Give glory in all you do"|
|The Catholic Community of Rodzina Radia Maryja||Psychotic Dictatorship||"Modlmy sie za Zydów, by poznali naszego Pana, Chrystusa"|
|The Sacred Order of St Daniel of Jerusalem||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"God and the Church"|
|The Roman Catholic Princedom of Nasuti||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Appicce lu compiuter"|
|The Community of Mysterium Fidei||Democratic Socialists||"Ubi caritas et vera Deus ibi est. Ex corde diligamus."|
|The Queendom of Funkymonkeyqueen||Iron Fist Consumerists||"Listen you might hear the monkey.ooo ooo"|
|The Republic of Vinix||Democratic Socialists||"Unus, Sanctus, Catholicus et Apostolicus!"|
|The Dominion of Spam Fighters||Democratic Socialists||"A Spam Free Life is for Me"|
|The Holy Republic of Vercher||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"If I could change the world . . ."|
|The Religious Community of Wandering Preachers||Democratic Socialists||"Ex Nihilo Nihil Fit"|
|The Republic of Spesia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Fides, Spes, Caritas"|
|The Holy Republic of Saint Suaso||Corrupt Dictatorship||"Dum spiro spero"|
|The Holy Republic of The Word God||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen"|
|The Holy Republic of Devoted Decons||Democratic Socialists||"Love others as you love yourself."|
|The Kingdom of The dutch lion||Democratic Socialists||"Love one another"|
|The Grand Duchy of Murphalia||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"If you aren't rich, it's your own damn fault."|
|The Allied States of Kitmandu||Moralistic Democracy||"Strength through unity"|
|The Protectorate of The Korbanite Empire||Authoritarian Democracy||"Imperia Justiciam"|
|The Holy Empire of Korbann||Iron Fist Consumerists||"Imperia Justiciam"|
|The Free Land of Holy Protectorate ofMU||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Give me a reason for Faith"|
|The Holy Empire of Iphin||Iron Fist Consumerists||"Oh my GAWD! This is the best country EVAH!"|
|The Protectorate of Cannestria||Democratic Socialists||"Semper Ubi Sub Ubi"|
|The Borderlands of Nosnekwah||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Happiness Deteriorates with Religion"|
|The United States of Capitalistic Ventures||Psychotic Dictatorship||"Veritas vos Liberabit "|
|The Commonwealth of Timamanda||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Just Do It!"|
|The Go Out and Get 'Em Republic of Freedom and Pride||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"Through God and self-determination, all is possible."|
|The EMolCar of EMolCar||Compulsory Consumerist State||"For the poor"|
|The Holy Republic of Saint Bryce||Capitalist Paradise||"Steddh án corgwyll enn Naomh Braig na Torniobh Naomhan"|
|The Kingdom of Roodswood||Iron Fist Consumerists||"Ora et Labora"|
|The Holy United Kingdom of West Galloway||Moralistic Democracy||"Gloria in Excelsis Deo"|
|The Catholic Empire of Aerikon||Iron Fist Consumerists||"One Emperor , One Pope"|
|The Most Serene Republic of Snookerton||Inoffensive Centrist Democracy||"You're killing independent Snookerton!"|
|The Imperial Papal Republic of Papa Benedicti XVI||Right-wing Utopia||"† Dominus Vobiscum †"|
|The Holy Roman Catholic Empire of Hegartydom||Moralistic Democracy||"For the Good of the Faith"|
(Information subject to change.)
Catholic Description and Charter
The description of Catholic
Catholic is a generally fertile region, but the people place greater importance on spiritual matters than on material success. It is a land of saints and scholars like the Ireland of old. Traditional Catholicism is the order of the day, and fidelity to the Roman Pontiff is a necessity. Catholicity is a haven for all of those of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, and is quickly becoming a well-populated region.
Catholic is a community of Christians loyal to the traditions of the Roman Catholic Church.
We have traditional Catholic beliefs including the Trinity and Immaculate Mary.
With the Holy Ghost at our side, we are devoted to the Catholic faith.
"The fact that the Lord knows how to work and to act even with inadequate instruments comforts me, and above all I entrust myself to your prayers."
Pope Benedict XVI
"With our hearts we believe and with our lips we confess but one Church, not that of the heretics, but the Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church, outside which we believe that no one is saved."
Pope Innocent III
The Catholic Charter
Catholic Charter was written by Aerikon, and presented on 1st February 2007 (see the thread) with this words:
Introduction and Format
Good day to you all. I would like to invite you all to this post by first explaining that I myself recently came to this region of Catholic almost by accident. What I was searching for was a safe Catholic community that I could communicate, deliberate, and otherwise attain fellowship with in a safe mature and orthodox environment. It is for these reasons that I believe I can help contribute to this community by proposing a Charter. The particular format of this proposal will be easy to follow. I will give my opening remarks here, afterwards give some background history on as to how we came about to this juncture, and then begin to outline a draft Charter with sidebar notes in brackets.
I would like to welcome any and all individuals who currently reside in the region of Catholic to give feedback to this proposal, give counter-proposals if they wish, and to spread the word that thoughts of a Charter to give our region identity and direction to other nations within our region as well as to other regions to make them better aware that Catholic is happy to offer a transparent codification of its purpose and wish for orthodoxy. After the comments are lodged, I will post subsequent drafts ON THIS POST ONLY as edits. This will help keep an easy reference page for any of those wishing to debate the current or past drafts and to see a concurrent flow of history of the adaptation of the draft. I wanted to propose a Charter on a voluntary basis for those who wish to abide by the final product much like how the EU puts itself together (please don't be put off by the idea of the secularized EU since we will obviously be focusing a lot on orthodoxy in the Charter). Finally, on as to how this Charter is implemented it will be outlined in the Charter itself.
History Leading Up to the Charter
I believe Amaranthine Asphodel made a good thread for this particular section
THE CATHOLIC CHARTER
THE GOVERNMENT OF THE CATHOLIC COMMUNITY OF DOELLE, HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY THE EMPEROR OF THE HOLY EMPIRE OF AERIKON, HER MAJESTY THE QUEEN AND PEOPLES OF AMARANTHINE ASPHODEL, THE PRESIDENT OF THE MOST SERENE REPUBLIC OF SNOOKERTON, HIS CATHOLIC MAJESTY KING OF THE CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY OF NASUTI, THE PRESIDENT OF THE CATHOLIC REPUBLIC OF NONNON, HIS MAJESTY THE KING OF THE KINGDOM OF THE INVISIBLE SNAKE, THE PEOPLE OF THE IMPERIAL PAPAL REPUBLIC OF PAPA BENEDICTI XVI, THE LORD CHANCELLOR OF THE SENATE AND THE PEOPLE OF THE CATHOLIC COMMONWEALTH OF OSBALSTIUM, THE PRESIDENT OF THE JINGOISTIC STATES OF PAULI THE GREAT, THE LAY APOSTOLATE OF THE THEOCRACY OF ROMA CATHURCH, THE GRAND INQUISITOR OF THE IMPERIUM SACRUM OF MUNIFICENTISSIMUS DEUS, THE PEOPLE OF THE HOLY MATRIARCHY OF OUR LADY OF NUNNISH NATIONS, THE CLAN LEADER OF THE NOMADIC PEOPLES OF CRIDDENBURG, THE JESUIT COMMITTEE OF THE THEOCRACY OF IGNATIUS DE LOYOLA, THE ARCHBISHOP OF THE HOLY REPUBLIC OF TERRA ECCLESIA, THE CHANCELLOR OF THE HOLY REPUBLIC OF GOD AND THE CHRISTIANS, THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF VINIX, HIS MAJESTY THE KING OF ROODSWOOD, HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY THE DEDICATED SOVREIGN OF KORBANN, THE CHANCELLOR OF THE HOLY REPUBLIC OF DEVOTED DECONS
DRAWING ATTENTION to the increased rise of secularism in the world and the need to provide a safe haven for Catholic communities to discuss, debate, and cooperate,
BELIEVING in the infallibility and constancy of the One Holy Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church headed by the Pope and in union with the Bishops of the world present, previously, and in valid succession since the founding by Christ until the End of the World,
GRATEFUL to the previous and current administration of this region by those who voluntarily gave up their time and resources for the betterment and growth of this popular region,
GRAVELY CONCERNED by the growing use of World Leaders of objectionable practices of invasion, intimidation, and spam,
GRAVELY CONCERNED by the growing abuse of some World Leaders of the names, offices, or other aspects of the Catholic Church or its hierarchy and its consequent misrepresentation of the priorities of the constituency of Catholic believers or of the priorities of Catholic prelates,
DETERMINED to provide a goal and purpose for the region of Catholic as well as to provide attractive activities for the enjoyment and utility of the region,
CONVINCED of the need for a transparent and simplified regional agreement by which voluntary states can further the goal of a True and Orthodox Catholic community,
WHO, having come together in debate and common goal, found in good and due form
DO HEREBY ESTABLISH this Charter for the Region of Catholic in the City of Monica
I. PURPOSE AND GOALS OF THE REGION
Article I CONSOLIDATION OF THE REGION VOLUNTARILY
1. By the will of the individual sovereign nations of the region of Catholic who voluntarily agree and abide by this agreement, this Charter reaffirms the establishment of this region by which mutual cooperation to reach the goals here listed will be attained and also reaffirms the competency of its institutions both present and agreed upon herein or created heretofore by those charged with the flexible management of this region .
2. By no means will this Charter disbar any sovereign nation from participation--of which is required both the exercise of the responsibilities and criteria listed in this charter as well as the discharge of advantage--by any reasons except those of disrespect for these rules .
Article II CATHOLIC VALUES
This Charter hereby designates this Region as to be resided in on the principles of respect for each participating country, respect for the One Holy Roman Catholic Church, respect for the human dignity of each citizen of every nation from conception to natural death including their right to life, and all other required points of social teaching taught by the One Holy Roman Catholic Church that is not listed in this Charter. These Values should be and are common to those signatories and sponsors listed in this Charter.
Article III REGIONAL GOALS
1. To provide a safe haven for Catholic nations throughout the World to discuss, debate, and live out their Catholic heritage, tradition, or style in accordance with the teachings of the Magisterium of the Church without the worry of invasion or political corruption.
2. To provide a Forum where communications will not be hindered so long as they abide by the specific rules of each Discussion and that this Forum is regularly maintained and regulated to encourage frequent and unhindered use.
3. To, through mutual debate amongst its members as well as consultation with the correct Magisterial teaching of the Church, provide answers to questions concerning the Church and its various teachings so long as these answers coincide with the teachings of the Magisterium. All nations are heretofore warned that Catholic does not claim to infallibly or immediately know the answer to any question unless it is fully, contextually, and infallibly taught by the Magisterium of which each participating nation in this Charter will strive to point the questioner towards.
4. To witness for Jesus Christ and His Body and Bride the Church through our example in managing our nations and demeanor towards each other and to the citizens of others.
5. The Region will also engage in goals which are outlined by the competent leaders of which will be listed in this document and in all cases where this Charter does not easily identify a particular goal, these leaders may engage in such endeavors by their own Charter given competence so long as it is not limited by the teaching of the Magisterium.
Article IV THE REGION AND ITS NATIONS
1. The Region will respect the sovereignty of each nation within itself to make decisions on issues unless any of these issues is in direct opposition to the infallible teaching of the Magisterium of which the Region is entitled to peaceful and charitable exercise of its leadership to denounce or otherwise designate the error.
2. In return for the enforcement and respect of these principles herein, the signatories and sponsors of this Charter shall aid to implement this Charter and the competencies that flow from it to the best of their abilities and in good conscience.
Article V RULE OF LAW
This Charter , as it encourages the growth of Orthodoxy, and with support from nations wishing for cooperation is to take precedence as the law of the region to those signatories and sponsors herein and can be referred upon as superseding any national law divergent with the principles listed herein.
Article VI CATHOLIC SYMBOLOGY
This Charter empowers those leaders selected for the competencies herein to designate an appropriate common flag, anthem, motto, or anniversary if found necessary to be used on the Forum or other public area of the Region.
II FUNDAMENTAL RIGHTS AND REGIONAL CITIZENSHIP
Article VII RIGHTS OF MAN AND WOMEN
1. Most importantly that those signing recognize the rights of each human individual as outlined by the Social Teaching of the Magisterium of the Catholic Church past present and in perpetuity.
2. That each sovereign nation is empowered and encouraged to protect the human dignity of their individuals in areas not specifically taught by the Magisterium from conception to natural death.
Article VIII CITIZENSHIP
1. All sovereign entities have the right to citizenship within the Region so long as they abide by the principles spelled out in this Charter . Citizenship is hereby understood as those nations in the Region in compliance and signatories of this Charter.
2. That these citizens have the right to vote for offices in the various competencies of the Region.
3. That these citizens have the freedom to petition for redress and to have their personal culture preserved so long as it is not in violation of the principles herein. 4. Member State may wish to voluntarily withdraw from this Constitution at any time and, after notice, is free to do so. 5. Re-entrance into the Catholic Chartered Region after having departed it can only be attained by a simple majority by the Catholic Council as outlined in Article XI.
III LIMITS AND POWERS OF THE CHARTERED REGION
Article IX FUNDAMENTAL LIMITS
1. For any matter that does not fall immediately into the jurisdiction of the Region, it is only referred to the Region level if it cannot be accomplished privately by a member state or a small group of member states.
2. In any matter that the Regional Competencies do not have any jurisdiction and do not wish to act upon, this jurisdiction is hereby reserved by the individual signatories and sponsors.
Article X POWERS
1. That in areas which fall directly into the Region's jurisdiction such as verifying the correctness of an action with reference to the Magisterium or producing activities or the Forum, only the Region's competencies as defined by this document may legislate or decide on the matter unless it is specifically conferred by either of these onto a Member State.
2. Where those areas of which Regional and Individual jurisdictions coincide such as with individual nations wishing to engage on an initiative in the name of the Region, the individual Member State may exercise competency of the program only so far as the Region has decided not to regulate.
3. The Region shall have the power to designate a single foreign and security policy for all signatories and sponsors as well as provide for the common defense of the Region for BOTH Member States and Peaceful Non-Member States present in the Region.
4. The Region also has competence in matters of inter-regional matters with other leaderships of Regions or groups of Nations in a different region.
5. The Region also has competence in matters of foreign aid to other regions to either grant or deny such aid.
6. Member States who sign or sponsor this agreement shall facilitate all of these above competences of the Region with full understanding of their sacrifice to contribute to the common goal.
IV INSTITUTIONS OF THE REGION
Article XI THE CATHOLIC COUNCIL
1. That all signatories and sponsors are hereby granted the ability to vote on Regional matters where the Region retains competency and therefore are empowered by this Charter to become the Catholic Council.
2. That every vote is to be recorded and to be kept with its own dedicated space on the Forum to ensure transparency and continuity as well as to preserve the importance of policies undertaken.
3. That the Council appoints by popular majority a Secretary to preside over the Council who is responsible for the timetables of each vote by starting a Thread and designating the End Time for votes to be cast or changed and Tallying the votes recorded on the thread and that no quorum is necessary with the time frame method -- the votes given in the particular thread are what decide the voting pool.
4. That the Secretary of the Council may also be a holder of a different office if it is deemed necessary by the Council.
5. That the Council has the right to petition the UN Delegate to expel a citizen of the region only in so far as the citizen is egregiously and plainly in error without a shadow of the doubt with respect to the social teaching of the Magisterium. A 2/3rds majority is necessary for petition of expulsion.
6. That All the Powers of the Region may be exercised through the vote of the Council as listed in the previous section by simple majority and is immediately binding to all Member States after a vote is concluded.
7. In matters of a Tie vote , the motion will Fail.
8. That the Council may appoint individuals amongst themselves or elsewhere they see fit to fulfill particular roles within the Region in its every day workings or of specific jobs.
9. That any and all members of the Council may submit a motion to the Secretary to put to vote so long as they have one signatory to second them on the motion.
10. That the Council may also pass non-binding resolutions to encourage Member States to take a specific course of action that may not already be taught by the Magisterium.
11. The Council may approve re-admittance for nation states that previously departed or were expelled from the Chartered Region requiring a popular majority to re-admit a person who voluntarily left and a 2/3rds majority for someone who was forcibly removed.
Article XII THE UNITED NATIONS DELEGATE
1. With the understanding that the UN Delegate is the most practical way of "voting" someone into office , it is natural that he or she can have an office with its own competence outside of mere UN action.
2. That the UN Delegate represents the Region in matters of foreign affairs and to act as ambassador or have the competence to appoint ambassadors.
3. That the UN Delegate must , however , abide by the decisions of the Council in matters of foreign or security affairs.
4. That the UN Delegate is allowed to be a voting member of the Catholic Council.
5. That in times of emergency such as an invasion , the UN Delegate is allowed to take emergency expulsionary actions or appoint someone to make such decisions.
6. It is understood that through the off-site Forum , the UN Delegate can and will be held accountable for any actions he or she may take both regularly and in times of emergency.
Article XIII THE MAGISTERIUM OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
1. That any and all actions in contrary to the teaching of the Magisterium of the Church taken by either the Catholic Council or the UN Delegate are to be anathema and are considered void if found by any individual both within and without the Region if supported by evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt.
2. That any individual state found in egregious error with respect to the Magisterium may be disciplined as outlined in Article XI.
3. That the Magisterium of the Church is to act as a Judicial Body to all legislation or action produced or endorsed by the UN Delegate , the Catholic Council, each member state, or any other entity subsisting within this Charter.
4. That anyone within and without the Region may expose an error of any entity or individual so long as they provide proof beyond the shadow of a doubt from the teaching of the Magisterium and the exercise of error by the accused entity or person.
V THE CHARTERED REGION AND NON-CHARTED REGIONAL STATES
1. It is understood that only those who sign and sponsor this Charter in conjunction with the UN delegate constitute the Chartered Region and that it is understood and acceptable to possess Non-Chartered states within the Region.
2. It is also understood that these Regions who remain peaceful and tolerant can maintain co-existence with the Chartered Region so long as they do not present themselves to be openly hostile or egregiously in violation of the Magisterium.
3. Lastly, that the Regional Competences heavily promote the promulgation, understanding, and participation in the Charter throughout the Region to all those States who have not yet joined or have heard of the Forum or of the Charter and encourage them to become signatories.
VI THE REGION AND THE REST OF THE WORLD
1. That this Charter reaffirms the wish that this region does not participate, condone, or otherwise abet spamming or those who do it.
2. That the Catholic Region reserves the right to expressly condone, endorse, or otherwise debate decisions by other regions or entities especially if it is pertinent to the infallible teaching of the Church.
3. That the Catholic Region claims no correctness outside of the teaching of the Church in any matter.
1. This Charter is to be drafted by the current Charter Committee and to release a final product within 7 days of its introduction into debate or unless otherwise submitted earlier by unanimous decisions or referral by the Committee.
2. It is necessary for the current UN Delegate to approve of the Charter's submission before any votes are considered legitimate.
3. All votes FOR this Charter will automatically implement this Charter for all members signing within 5 days of the submission.
4. That the Catholic Council be immediately formed with the help of the Webmaster after the five days of garnering Member States occurs.
5. It is the hope of this Committee that all those interested in a lively Catholic Community in the Region participate in this Charter by helping to adjust the draft and by signing onto the final draft when it is completed.
THE HOLY EMPIRE OF AERIKON
THE CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY OF AMARANTHINE ASPHODEL
THE JINGOISTIC STATES OF PAULI THE GREAT - UN DELEGATE
THE MOST SERENE REPUBLIC OF SNOOKERTON
THE CATHOLIC COMMUNITY OF DOELLE
THE CONSTITUTIONAL MONARCHY OF NASUTI
THE CATHOLIC REPUBLIC OF NONNON
THE KINGDOM OF THE INVISIBLE SNAKE
THE IMPERIAL PAPAL REPUBLIC OF PAPA BENEDICTI XVI
THE CATHOLIC COMMONWEALTH OF OSBALSTIUM
THE THEOCRACY OF ROMA CATHURCH
THE IMPERIUM SACRUM OF MUNIFICENTISSIMUS DEUS
THE HOLY MATRIARCHATE OF OUR LADY OF NUNNISH NATIONS
THE NOMADIC PEOPLES OF CRIDDENBURG
THE THEOCRACY OF IGNATIUS DE LOYOLA
THE HOLY REPUBLIC OF TERRA ECCLESIA
THE HOLY REPUBLIC OF GOD AND THE CHRISTIANS
THE REPUBLIC OF VINIX
THE KINGDOM OF ROODSWOOD
THE HOLY EMPIRE OF KORBANN
THE HOLY REPUBLIC OF DEVOTED DECONS
IN THE CITY OF MONICA 4 FEBRUARY 2007
IMPLEMENTATION DATE 11 FEBRUARY 2007
The attempted NiCOD Invasion (May '07)
The implementation of a roleplaying universe, the International Stage on the off-site forum by Aerikon (May '07)
The developement of the off-site Nation Statistics Sheet by Roodswood (May '07)
The returning controversies around possible alliances with virtual clergy, see Virtual Roman Catholic Church (not dated)
Jobs in Catholic
The Delegate: The Roman Catholic Princedom of Nasuti
The Secretary: The Catholic Empire of Aerikon
The Ambassador: The Theocracy of God and the Christians
The Counsellors: The Holy Empire of Korbann, The Republic of Vinix, The Holy Republic of Devoted Decons
Catholic Region Factbook
The Catholic Empire of Aerikon
Nation's shortened name: Aerikon
Nation's Adjectival Form: Aerikonian
Noun for persons from this nation: Aerikonian
Capital City: Monica
Head of State: His Imperial Majesty Otto I
Head of Government: His Imperial Majesty Otto I
Other Important People: Minister of Communications Dougan Kellerbee ; Senatorial Proxy Rodrigo Richards ; Ambassador to the Regional Catholic Council Gavin Cordoroy ;
The Constitutional Monarchy of Amaranthine Asphodel
Nation's shortened name: Asphodel
Nation's Adjectival Form: Amaranthine
Noun for persons from this nation: Amarant
Capital City: Basingstoke
Head of State: HM Queen Mary I
Head of Government: Chief Bruce
Other Important Person: HRH the Prince Frederik, Duke of Aloe, Prince Consort of Amaranthine Asphodel.
The Theocratic State of The Things Not Thought of After the Revelation
Nation's shortened name: ATR
Nation's adjectival form: Revelian
Noun for persons from this nation: Reveler
Government Type: Representational Theocratic Republic
Capital City: Defensor
Head of State: Leading Senator Curasus Mohk
Head of Government: Leading Senator Curasus Mohk
Other Important People:
Senator Ivor Felonian (Deputy Leader), Senator Alexei Rolotskov (Head of the Justice Ministry), Archbishop Naman Sheen (Religious Advisor)
Population: >1.5 billion
Major Ethnic Groups: Polish: 30%, Russian: 17%, Spanish: 10%, Other 43%
Offical Languages/Other Languages: English, Latin, Polish, Russian
State Religion/Other Religions: Roman Catholicism 99.1%, Russian Orthodox .9%
ATR employs a small, well-trained air force and a national security force trained and equipped well enough to serve as peacekeepers in war-torn countries. The navy of ATR centres itself around a single aircraft carrier group and numerous relief and peacekeeping fleets, supported by the Marines, commandoes, and several armour divisions that make up the army.
The Conservative Republic of Catholicat
Nation's adjectival form: Catholicat
Noun for persons from this nation: Catholicatians
Currency: silver coin with silver backed paper currency and electronic debit/credits
- Parliamentary System with Const. Monarchy, Bill of Rights.
- Republican government at the local level. Democractic elections.
- Traditional Market Economy - Distributism.
The Monarch can call elections, throw out certain laws for review, suspension, initiate judicial investigations, grant pardons, tax relief and enact emergency legislation. There is no aristocracy beyond 30 persons.
Capital City: Capital-Central
Head of State: His Excellency King Adolph V - 5th generation since Restoration 1890. The area the nation is in was colonized 1690-1760 by several European powers.
- Peaceful indepedence from European powers 1865-1870.
- Civil Wars 1880-1890 and attempted communist revolt 1969-1971.
- Right wing coup 1981-83. 1983-2007 civil governance returns.
Head of Government: President Henry Northing
Other Important People: Archbishop John Krol, Archdiocese of New Market.
Population: 120 million Reality:almost 2 Billion (As of 6/28/07)
Major Ethnic Groups: 85 % white, 5 % Oriental, 5 % mixed, 5 % other/ Hispanic
- White - Northern Europeans both Western and Eastern Europe.
- Oriental - East Asian, Chinese, Filipino, Korean, Vietnamese, Laotian, Japanese.
- Hispanic - South America and some from Spain itself.
- Mixed - mixture of white and other enuciated races.
Offical Languages/Other Languages: English; also spoken: Spanish, Mandarin, Latin. English and Latin official languages.
State Religion/Other Religions: Roman Catholic (95%), Other-Not Specified (5%)
- Standing military with conscription ( age 20-22), 3 % of GDP.
- Miltary for males, National Service for females.
- Air Force/ Submarine force with nuclear weapons.
Economy: 15 % agricultural, 5 % mining/forestry, 50 % trade/technology, 10 % governance, the remainder (20%) services and administrative.
No income tax per se. There is one at the local level.
High GST tax rate yields an educated and well protected populace but not into social welfare directly, taxation notably gives one the opportunity to advance only. not to live on before age 70. Pensions generous.
Cities. New Market City ( the NYC/London of the nation) with the highest population, numerous suburbs. 12 million in the large city itself and 20 million more in the extended suburbs.
Restoria - second largest city the Chicago or Manchester of the nation. 25 million in the metro area.
Capital-Central the fourth largest city and political capital from October-May. The Summer capital is Capital- East, a mountain fortress city from June- Sept.
Overseas colonies with voting rights also. To be detailed later.
The Holy Republic of Devoted Decons
Nation's adjectival form: Deconese
Noun for persons from this nation: Deconites
Government Type: Democratic Socialists
Capital City: The District of Vincestria
Head of State: The Duly Elected Chancellor Gregory IV
Head of Government: The Duly Elected Chancellor Gregory IV
Other Important People: Archbishop John Ferdinand, Archdiocese of Vincestria.
Population: 50 Million (As of 6/8/07, but quickly growing)
Major Ethnic Groups: No Data Available. Ethnicity is not taken with the census.
Offical Languages/Other Languages: English, also spoken: Spanish, French, Deconese (In the mountains)
State Religion/Other Religions: Roman Catholic (98%), Other-Not Specified (2%)
Military Statistics: Protectorate force for the capital city and state officials. Aside from that, peace currently reigns in Decons.
Nation's Adjectival Form: Korbic
Noun for person from this Nation: Korbanite
Currency: The korpent
Government Type: Stabilist Imperialist Monarchy
Capital City: Ravensford (or Korr)
Head of State: Imperius the Great
Head of Government: Imperius the Great
Other Important People: Viceroy of the Court and 1st Legendurn: Sebe Labach, Arch Bishop of Korr: Kolinnan Letore, The members of the 1st Parliament, Commander of the Imperialistic Coalition: Ikortine Karian, Commander of the Imperialistic Navy: Sed Iannis, and the 74 other Legendurns.
Population: Approximately 57 million
Major Ethnic Groups: Northern German 73%, Danish 21%, Norwegian 3%, Middle German 2%, 1% Swedish
Offical Languages/Other Languages: Grand Korbic/Grand Korbic
State Religion/Other Religions: Roman Catholic Church 83%/Lutheran Church 10%, Dannic Paganism 7%
Military Statistics:Military Name: Armed Units of the Imperial Coalition
Military size: Approximately 3 million
2. Legenkolonel of the Armed Units of the Imperial Coalition
3. Legenadmiral of the Grand Navy of the Empire
4. Viceroy of the Court and 1st Legendurn
5. High Prior of the Brotherhood of Saints
6. Grand Marshall of the 1st Parliament
7. High Marshall of the Capital's Garrison
8. Marshall of Garrison Command
13. Master of the Guard
16. Imperial Soldier
18. 2nd Class Garitione
(The Roman Catholic Princedom of Nasuti)
Nation's Shortened Name: Nasuti
Nation's adjectival form: Nasutere / Nasutian
Noun for persons from this nation: Nasutere / Nasutian
Currency: Lira del Camerlengo
Government Type: Constitutional Princedom.
Capital City: Stronghold of Nasuti
Head of State: His Catholic Majesty Prince Cris I
Head of Government: His Catholic Majesty Prince Cris I
Population: 622 million (expected 1 billion for yearend)
Major Ethnic Groups: 95% Italian (Nasuti), 2% German, 0.5% French, 2% English, 0.5% Polish
Official Langages/Other Languages: Italian/Lancianese
State Religion/Other Religions: 99% Roman Catholic 99%/Other 1%
Other data: see the official wiki of Nasuti
The Catholic Commonwealth of Osbalstium
Nation's Adjectival Form: Osbalite
Noun for persons from this nation: Osby
Capital City: Marshallensis
Head of State: Lord Chancellor Athanasius Whitfield (Deceased)- To be replaced by Cyprian Whitfield
Head of Government: Lord Chancellor Athanasius Whitfield (Deceased)- To be replaced by Cyprian Whitfield
Other Important People: (so far - others may arise as needed)
-Foreign Minister - Claudette Coligny
-Minister of War - Maxwell Sodaris
-1st Lord of Admiralty - Admiral Sir George Montaup, KCCO, SRH
-Proconsul of the Senate - Lord Byron Smythe-Jones, SRH
-Lord Judge General - Dame Kathleen Anassamitaxis, KCCO
-Primate of Osbalsitum - Archbishop Harold Cushing
-Press Secretary - Anne Planck
The Kingdom of Roodswood
Nation's Adjectival Form: Roodswoody
Noun for persons from this nation: Roodswoodsman
Currency: The pound-peseta
Government Type: Traditional feudal monarchy
Capital City: Haslemere
Head of State: King Bernard II, Marquis of Thornberry, Marquis of Valdepenas, etc.
Head of Government: King Bernard II, Marquis of Thornberry, Marquis of Valdepenas, etc.
Other Important People: Sir Hector Dawtry, MNOotJR (Foreign Minister); Basil Gutierreze y Egan (Spymaster); Prince Wesley, Marquis of Ribadesella (Crown Prince); Sir Marco Castillo Pánfilo, KGCHS, MNOotJR (UN Ambassador)
Population: Approximately 62 million
Major Ethnic Groups: Spanish/English Mixed Ancestry 70%, Spanish 10%, English 17%, Catalan 2%, Irish 1%
Offical Languages/Other Languages: English, Spanish/Catalan, Irish (Both of these languages are spoken by less than 2% of the population.)
State Religion/Other Religions: Roman Catholic Church 85%/Waldensian 10%, Nonreligious, Atheistic, or Agnostic 4 %, Anglican Communion, Other 1%
Military Statistics: Roodswood relies on regional nobility to conscript an army in times of war, so it is difficult to discuss army statistics. Usually the nation can muster between 2-3 million infantry after a month of mobilization. Each fiefdom is also responsible for maintaing its own cavalry and artillery divisions, airforce, and navy if it abuts the ocean.
The Holy Republic of Saint Bryce
Saint Bryce/St. Bryce
Nation's adjectival form: Briccian
Noun for persons from this nation: Briccian
Government Type: Right-Wing Utopia
Capital City: St. Bryce
Head of State: Elder Padraig Ceomhargyll (the oldest person on the island)
Head of Government: Chester O'Brannadllwygh, Head of the Island Council
Other Important People: Caolh Pobhairne, the parish priest
Population: 128 (the NS figure is inflated by a million)
Major Ethnic Groups: 100% Pseudo-Celtic Stock
Official Languages/Other Languages: Briccian (Pseudo-Celtic)
State Religion/Other Religions: 100% Catholic
Military Statistics: No military. We are a tiny nation.
The Catholic Dominion of Saint Daniel of Jerusalem
St. Daniel or simply The Dominion
Nation's adjectival form: Danielite
Noun for persons from this nation: Danielite
Currency: the Shequel
Government Type: constitutional monarchy
Capital City: Daniopolis
Head of State: Grand Master Thomas Aquinos Ouvernos of the Order of St Daniel of Jerusalem
Head of Government: Prime Minister Henry Ricelli
Other Important People: Cardinal Alfonso DeGroso; Admiral Joseph Reviera.
Population: 835,000,000 as of 06/15/07
Major Ethnic Groups: Latin (50%), Greek (20%), Jewish (20%), others (10%)
Offical Languages/Other Languages: Latin, Greek, Hebrew
State Religion/Other Religions: Roman Catholic (70%), Agnostic/Atheist (15%), Eastern Orthodox (5%), Judaist (5%), Other (5%)
Military Statistics: The core of the Danielite armed forces is the Navy (200,000 personels), which consits the 7 carrier battle groups named after the 7 major cities of the Dominion. Only 2 of which are actually active at anytime, the others are ready to be mobilized when needed. The other brances include the Marine (250,000 personels), the Army (150,000), the Airforce (200,000), and the Strategic Force (50,000) which includes the nuclear deterrent and the controversial nuclear strike forces.
The Holy Republic of Terra Ecclesia
Nation's adjectival form: Terra Ecclesian
Noun for persons from this nation: Terra Ecclesians
Government Type: Democratic Socialists
Capital City: Vaticanus Minor
Head of State: The Archbishop of Terra Ecclesia
Head of Government: The Archbishop of Terra Ecclesia
Other Important People: Brendan Cardinal Uxbridge, Papal Nuncio to Terra Ecclesia
Population: 506 Million as of 6/13/07
Major Ethnic Groups: Unknown. Loosely enforced immigration policies have allowed for an incredibly diverse population.
Official Languages/Other Languages: English, French, and some Latin.
State Religion/Other Religions: Catholicism, as well as a small Agnostic sector in some of the metropolitan areas of Terra Ecclesia.
Military Statistics: A good sized police force is complemented by a moderate military. The military are very rarely forward deployed and all military personnel are ordered to fight only in defense of the nation.
Nation's Adjectival Form: Vinician
Noun for persons from this Nation: Vinicians
Capital City: Vinix aka. City of Vinix
Head of State: John Winton, President of the Republic
Head of Government: Richard Edison, Prime Minister
Other Important People:
Chirhao, multitalented artist,
Merrilyn Reed, Minister of Foreign Affairs,
Cardinal Immanuel Joseph Gresham SJ, Archbishop of the See of Vinix
The Party, militant extremist group with political ambitions
Vinicia, national personification, often depicted as bearing a medieval-style shield.
The Wise Guy, historical/popular figure representing the Public Opinion
Tobin Earl, popular classisistic poet, 1841-1872
Other than similar roleplaying communities some members of Catholic endorse and use godmodding. This makes a lot of the roleplaying very passionate and especially difficult to foretell, even for the authors of a newly introduced plot. This style of roleplaying, often banned in other RP communities is largely supported by some of the "victimized" members. Out-Of-Character comments or the continuance of godmodded plots show the support given. Some of the "wilder" ideas are generally agreed upon before being publicly posted.
An example is the mysterious character Big Mouth, which seems to have a life of his own, since he was created on May 21st, 2007 as a secret mole inside the Vinician government supposedly reporting directly to Basil Gutierrez y Egan, the Roodswoody Spymaster. Soon, other nations of the region started to develop a love-hate relationship to the character, which made him to the "possibly THE most wanted man in Catholic" by June. Both Korbann and Vinix are known to have ties with this man, but none of the nations seems to be the actual motherland of this international spy. He was caught and sentenced to death in Roodswood after a series of brutal assasinations happened in Vinix of which he was found guilty. These are related to a possible undermining of the Vinician government during an invasion of the rebels tormenting Korbann. Big Mouth was freed by Korbannite Agents and is now currently being held for questioning illegally by Vinician Military Intelligence Agents. He is also known as Davydio Ximenez y Fuente or D. Ximenev y Gurriano.
HAHAHA! DON'T MESS WITH KORBANN!!!
Another example of this technique can be seen when Korbann's KEA Head Agent, Kolin Atron, expresses his plans to interfere with the Aerikonian Space Program using sabotage to his assistant on 17th June 2007 in his office in the city of Vinix (sic!). Aerikonian Military Commander Frank soon learned of these plans after one of the newer modules launched a few days earlier malfunctioned and crashed into the Catholic Ocean emiting a tsunami along the coastline of Korbann. After this incident, the Aerikonian Communications Minister anounced the decision to ponder using sabotage as a mean of international intervention in turn, if the "International Community" proved to be "complacent, impotent, or too cowardly to condemn this act of Terrorism". As other nations, Vinix hastened to comply with the public distancing of this act, though it is unsure what real motivations lie behind this announcement. The Senate in Osbaltium started debating whether continuing with aiding Korbann in it's civil war, that was raging simultanously in Vinix and Korbann at the moment and Roodswood released a computer virus in some of the nations envolved in this scandal and ceasing his aid in protecting Korbann from the rebels attacking the country.
Korbann replied immediately by implying the virus had actually already been used, causing the initial malfunction, instead of the minor sabotage intended by the Korbanite intelligence. (A nice OOC quote shows the idea behind this plot twist: HAHAHA! Didn't see that coming did you Roodswood! DON'T MESS WITH KORBANN!!!)