Literally translated as "Hero's Tongue," it is the language of the kzin and the official language of the Cult of the Fanged God (in much the same way that Arabic is the official language of the Qu'ran). It is a common alternate language in Scolopendra.
Structurally, it is very similar to English. Phonically, it is extremely gutteral and painful for humans to speak for an extended period of time without practice.
Common Phrases and Proverbs
- Hrjoowksmawt g'cu zhe [zrejoz'unj] jeehaz (eelo)! -- Luck on the [Great] Hunt (life)!
- 'Ksargunj yahughnost'ss t'kovary raob tadi yahughnost'ss humadizhjr. -- Acclimate and live or decay and die.
- Totekupf' chojj wtceekshrats', wtceekshrats' zeri. -- When you bite, bite deep.
- Arow t'chssseee raoowh hrrwweo chojj hrunge vraanj t'e. -- That does not say what you think it does. (usually encountered when someone misuses the language, especially the word ch'rowl
- Arow hrucf' azra ztazzksom. Ksnut'k chojj. -- That may be lethal. For you. (if they don't get the last phrase and persist)
- Sraap' azrachsse vuul K'liingonti. Sraap' ksomeekjchsse tuyc K'liingonti. -- I am not a Klingon. I do not speak Klingon.
Ch'rowl is a far more active word in kzintsu'ng than its English analog. Avoid its use when around kzinti, especially as an insulting modifier (mother-ch'rowling). Also avoid it as an exclamative adjective indicating extremety in any case. Generally, overuse of this word will either get one mauled or bedded, and either can be lethal.