NSWiki:New Main Page
Voting is now closed. Thank you to all who participated. The results are now available.
This is the voting page for the New Main Page of NSwiki. Three suggested versions have been created for the New Main Page, and these three will be the poll options. The first was created by User:Swilatia, the second, by User:Jey, and the third suggested version combines certain aspects of the two.
Voting opens at 2:00, 21 Jun 2007 (GMT) and closes at 2:00, 29 Jun 2007 (GMT). These times correspond to 22:00, 20 Jun 2007 (EST) and 22:00, 28 Jun 2007 (EST). Although editing may be possible before and after these times, any votes cast outside of this voting period will be disregarded.
The voting will follow similar procedure to a FAC vote: there will be three options, the one with the most votes wins. To vote for a particular version, simply edit the section and add your name to the list for that suggested version (and remember to update the vote tally!).
Vote Tally (5/4/15)
To view the suggested versions, click "Suggested Version #1/2/3"
- I prefer this version simply because it looks neater and less cluttered. The colour scheme looks a lot better than the cacophony of colour on the existing page. I prefer having the main category menu at the top in the main title bar - it looks better than it does now, although it may possibly benefit from being a little more prominent (also, are these links in any particular order?). In my view, having a single link to a 'How to Get Started' page seems to work better than having a whole sub-menu on the title page. Bettia 08:24, 21 June 2007 (GMT)
- I also prefer this version. I agree with Bettia about the category menu and the single 'How to Get Started' page. The only thing that I think this version is missing is that it doesn't have prominent links to the NSwiki and community information like version 2 does. Dragon 14:13, 21 June 2007 (GMT)
- I like this one as well. Zeke 19:34, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- Self-support, assuming I'm allowed to do this. If not I will remove this vote. --swilatia 12:45, 23 June 2007 (GMT)
- A very good, compact look. There's not a huge amount of sprawling content sat above the featured article. --Germanalasia 16:19, 26 June 2007 (GMT)
- This version is the only one with a prominent "browse NSWiki by topic" section and I like it the most primarily for that reason. John 03:11, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- What John said. I prefer this one over the other two. Havvy 07:53, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- This one is more colorful and has what John said also! User: ThomasVanek 1:25, 23 June 2007 (GMT)
- Colors are nice. Dankism 20:51, 26 June 2007 (GMT)
Suggested Version #3 by both users
- I prefer the version by both me and Swilatia. I think the information included in this version is crucial to have on the main page and this suggested version presents the information in the best way. I would like to keep the administrator's list and a getting started bar on the main page to help new users acquaint themselves with NSwiki. °Jey° 17:37, 21 June 2007 (GMT)
- I also like this one better. The habituals will know where they want to go, but to any newcomer that wants to create the page for their nation, better to spell clearly where should they go first. Even the color difference is good. DarkSith 02:23, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- I like this version best out of the others. I have both Wiki's right ontop of each other on my favorites column and if you are going to make NSWiki looks like Normal Wiki best have something that seperates the two. Trust me I really do often make the mistake of going into one or the other. --Kanami 02:27, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- I see the collaboration as a better version. However, the top category options need to be moved to the left, as they are going too far to the right and being cut off. Asgarnieu 03:11, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- This is truly the better option, in design, practicality and visual appeal. Why not show what we're all about by selecting the design that was a collaboration? This is to be the face of NSwiki, so why not. I vote this. (( Pacitalkia )) Time sent: 06:42, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- I like this version best,and i think it's easier to find everything and looks better than the other two options. Cookesland 13:41, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- It looks good. I have one question, will we feature a new FA? Lightman 13:54, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- This one has the best design in my view. Especially in helping new users. Aridd 18:42, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- This one looks best and has a much better gateway for new users, IMO. --Kedalfax 21:12, 22 June 2007 (GMT)
- In my personal opinion, this is the best of the three; it looks neater and simpler, and is designed better than the other two. -CDL
- The best one in my view. Incorporates the most features while maintaining a simple elegance. Does anyone mind if I ask why the categories in the top box are pushed so far to the right? Looks kinda funny. Omigodtheykilledkenny 03:20, 24 June 2007 (GMT)
- My pick. Just one thing. The top three boxes don't fit on my screen. My monitor is 40cm so it isn't the smallest size people would be using. It's a pain having to scroll across to click on hyperlinks on the right hand side. willd 8:07, 24 June 2007 (GMT) Appears fixed. Nice. willd 9:53, 26 June 2007 (GMT)
- Excellent. The best of both designs roled into one. Collaboration.--WHYTECYPRESS
- I don't really have much to add. Improves the main page and adds useful information and links while keeping clutter to a minimum. Gets my vote. --Khrrck 03:29, 28 June 2007 (GMT)
- Has importent stuff such as information in a prominent postion and is very tidy. Ben o'Bagels 09:34, 28 June 2007 (GMT)