This article deals with Nederland as it relates to NationStates. For more general information, see the Wikipedia article on this subject.
|Info: NSEconomy RC XML|
Nederland and Holland
In the beginning there were both Holland and Nederland which both had quite a large number of Dutch people in it. The foundations of each have been lost in the mists of time. The oldest-known history is when Knootoss moved into Nederland with some of his friends and took over the delegacy in what was an otherwise inactive region. Knootoss attempted to activate the region, but not all the original inhabitants took kindly to this. Three of these nations eventually split off to form the inactive Brabant region. Soon thereafter, contacts were established with Holland which was by then already a thriving region.
The Baarle-Hertog affaire
- The former nation of Nederland is thought to be a likely candidate to have been delegate during the founding of the region. This is only speculation, however since no accurate records exist.
- Knootoss June 2003 - ??
- Green Knights 6 februari - 11 April 2004
- Baarle-Hertog 12 April - 19 April 2004
- Bagheeria 3 May - August 2004
- Sheeping_Hollow 3 September - 2 November 2004
- Dronrijp 3 November 2004 - 26 November 2004
- Archoz 28 november - 7 June 2005
- DSM-IV 8 June - ? 2005
- Tycholand 1 August 2005 - 30 September 2005
- Ballotonia 1 October 2005 - 3 January 2006
- Nitwitium 4 January 2006 - ?
- HC Eredivisie 2 October 2006 - 16 December 2006
- Archoz 17 December 2006 - 28 February 2007
- Nitwitium 1 March 2007 - 31 May 2007
- GMTA 1 June - 31 August 2007
- Archoz 1 September - present
The region Nederland is a democracy. Elections for the delegate postion are being held every 2 to 3 months.
Minister of the Interior: Arcadiane
Minister of Justice: vacancy
Minister of the Exterior: Ballotonia
1 June 2007 - 31 August 2007 Delegate: GMTA
Minister of the Interior: The Empty Star
State Secretary of the Interior: Archoz
Minister of Justice: Arcadiane
Minister of the Environment and Welfare: Cnuf
State Secretary of the Environment and Welfare: Pongopolis
NL General: Archoz
Art 1. The Constitution applies to all states in the region Nederland or in the service of the region Nederland.
2. The UN Delegate
Art 11. The UN delegate, aside from being the regional representative in the UN, is the political leader of the region. The delegate may shape the image of the region as he desires, such as making changes to the World Fact Book, with the Founder checking for the reasonability of such acts.
Art 14. All military actions of the region will be done on a voluntary basis.
4. The motion of distrust
Art 16. A motion of distrust against the Delegate or a Minister can be held if proposed by three nations eligible to vote according to the Electoral Regulations.
Signed on behalf of the founder on Sunday the 4th of July 2004, De Vrije Democratische staten van Ballotonia
Signed as Delegate on Sunday the 4th of July, De Constitutionele Monarchie van Bagheeria
The region was a founding member of the Allied Liberation League.
This is a map of the region of Nederland and what it looks like at this moment:
- The Dutch language in Nationstates.
- Knootoss, one of the better known members of the region.
- Nederland Awards, this is a small (annual) award show in Nederland, it's first held in 2004
- The Dutch were in the news once.