Talk:The West Pacific
The West Pacific FAC Vote (5/5/0)
Please remember to sign your votes with 4 tildes (~~~~) and update the vote tally when you vote.
- Ineedsleep 03:28, 29 Oct 2004 (GMT)
- Hank 05:53, 29 Oct 2004 (GMT)
- Biteland 07:21, 29 October 2004 (GMT)
- International Racing 12:29 29 Oct 2004 (GMT)
- Spootonium 14:08, 9 Feb 2005 (GMT)
- Speaking as the guy who will probably be putting the actual article up, I'd like to point out a few problems with this page as a FAQ. TWP is one of the most comprehensive lists of offices and members on the wiki, but I don't really have anything I can capture as an article for the front page. Take a look at the space on the main page - I take an excerpt of the article and post it in that little box. Now look at The West Pacific and tell me what I could post that would capture the essence of TWP for our wiki readers. I don't see anything I can use, do you?
I've seen a lot of effort put into this page, and I'm all for recognizing effort well spent ... but until there is something that just shouts, "This is the West Pacific!", I remain opposed to this as a Featured Article. → Frisbeeteria Θtalk 15:29, 29 Oct 2004 (GMT)
It seems too messy and unorganised to me. The map does not fit on my screen, and some sections are rather incomplete. Fix these up andwrite a good background or overview section (maybe so as to be something one "can capture as an article for the front page."), possibly even with some pictures, if relevant ones exist, and I will support it, as apart from that I think it would make a good featured article. Rechze
- While it is an interseting article I don't think it has enough "wow factor". It is a bit list like. If it were written in a more prose style I would agree. At the moment I think there are better candidates. --Nevareion 13:09, 17 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- Agree with above comments. It can certainly become a good featured article, but it needs a little fluff. History, anecdotes etc. Right now it is a bit of a link centre. -- |Knoot|KNOOtalk 13:32, 18 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- Not feature article-worthy at all. This thing needs MAJOR cleaning up and reorganization. If we can do a decent job at this and make the lists their own pages, giving an excerpt and "more prose like" explanation on the main page, then maybe. After that's done, the history section needs some rewriting as well. Canisius
Can NSWiki set up an Interwiki relationship with the WestPacificWiki?
- Possibly, one sec. --Goobergunch|? 20:36, 9 Oct 2004 (GMT)
Would I be correct if I assumed that the section in "delegate history" concerning Commercial Affairs was written by someone that was not even alive when it happened? Canisius 21:23, 9 Oct 2004 (GMT)
- Nope, Halmont and Goss were there. Have a look at All-Stars and Most Valuable Players. Were you there too? Ineedsleep 10:10, 10 Oct 2004 (GMT)
Note the sections that I think are messy/ unorganised (others I believe are well organised):West Pacific Information; West Pacific Ambassadors (maybe a table look better); West Pacific Map (does ot fit on my screen); and the introduction before the section delegate History, is messy and I think would be good to have as a large overview/background to the region. The Sections not mentioned here I believe to be well organised. Yours sincerely RechzeNo longer relvant due to edits. Rechze • (talk) 12:54, 17 Dec 2004 (GMT)
I think I will be editing the links in this article to help neaten this page.
Justificaton: "Avoid duplicate links on a page. Redundant links clutter up the page and make future maintenance harder. However, link the first occurrence of a term, and always link when directing to a page for more information, e.g. "Relevant background can be found in Fourier series".
- Excerpt taken from:Wikipedia:Wikipedia:Make_only_links_relevant_to_the_context#Other_considerations. Rechze • (talk) 03:24, 19 Dec 2004 (GMT)