While editing a page, you can use the show preview button (located right next to the Save page button) to see in advance what your edits will look like. This lets you check your work periodically without filling up the page history by making lots of smaller edits. The preview function can also help you avoid mistakes, such as when using an unfamiliar type of wiki markup. The preview will appear together with the edit box you have been working in (either above or below it, however you prefer).
What NSwiki is not
- NSwiki is not a personal homepage and/or file storage area. NSwikians have their own personal User pages, but they are used for working on the encyclopedia. If you're looking to make a personal webpage, there are many free homepage providers on the Internet.
- NSwiki is not a free wiki host. You may not host your own website or blog at NSwiki. If you are interested in using the wiki technology for a collaborative effort on anything other than writing the NationStates encyclopedia, even if it is just a single page, there are many sites (such as SeedWiki or Riters.com) that provide wiki hosting (free or for money). You can even install wiki software on your server.
- NSwiki is not a roleplay site. Historical accounts of roleplay activity belong here. Active roleplaying should be done on the forums.
- NSwiki is not a link repository. If you want to track your forum posts, use the Forum Search feature on Jolt.
- NSwiki is not a Discussion forum. If you want a regional forum, visit ProBoards.com or InvisionFree, where they do that sort of thing. Please try to stay on task (the task here is to create NationStates encyclopedia articles). NSwiki is not a discussion forum or chat room.
- A vehicle for advertising and self-promotion. We don't need articles on items just because a contributor is associated with them. Links to your roleplay storefront are fine, links to your Ebay storefront are not.
More info: NSwiki:Policy