- Kaukolastan, we were discussing Categories in #nswiki yesterday, and decided simpler was better in a lot of cases. There is a general category called Hardware that Tahar Joblis has been using as a catch-all for all weapos, armor, and tech. Do we really need all the different categories for weaponry? Join us on IRC if you can and discuss it. -- Frisbeeteria 11:52, 7 Oct 2004 (GMT)
Hey K-Stan, step onto IRC for a minute ... and stop adding categories while we're discussing dispute levels, please - Frisbeeteria 04:02, 8 Oct 2004 (GMT)
I don't mind the articles - don't get me wrong, I'm for adding as many articles as you can. I just don't see the need for all of the categories - I think that [[Category:Weapons]] is sufficient. I wouldn't mind a centralized listing page that could subdivide the weapons by type, though. --Goobergunch|? 16:17, 8 Oct 2004 (GMT)
- I have added Character Infoboxes to a number of your Characters. You are under no obligation to keep them, but they are a handy quick-identifier of Character pages. These are the most flexible Infoboxes yet, with four captionable user-set fields. Any unused fields will simply disappear as long as you leave the Template space blank. Click my Talk link if you have any questions or comments. → Frisbeeteria Θtalk 17:12, 12 Oct 2004 (GMT)
I just saw a way for you to organize all your weapons without having to create multiple categories.
If you create page names separated by a slash, then you have a heirarchical structure that you can link from within the prior pages just by using /name. It also automatically creates backlinks for you. For example:
- SAG Weapons
- SAG Weapons/Handguns
- SAG Weapons/Handguns/Model 100
- SAG Weapons/Handguns/Model 200
- SAG Weapons/Handguns/Model 300
- SAG Weapons/Handguns/Model 400
- SAG Weapons/Automatic Rifles
- SAG Weapons/Automatic Rifles/AR-15
- etc, etc.