Welcome to my talk page! Please leave a new comment by clicking the + button above, or to add a comment to an existing section, click "edit this page" above. Thanks for visiting. Please do not leave me any messages about the max_questions errors. I know just as much as you do about it, so posting a question here won't help. Sorry, guys. (( Pacitalkia )) Time sent: 07:15, 10 March 2006 (GMT)
Messages delivered before the following date have been archived:
(( Pacitalkia )) Time sent: 06:39, 28 July 2006 (GMT) Please see /Archive2 to view comments posted between 9th January 2006 at 00:11 and the current archiving round.
Do you know of any manner to convert a standard wikipedia navagation template onto nswiki? Specifically, I want to create a navigation with columns template for usage within an info box, in a manner identical to what the wikipedia European Union page has. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. - Newfelix 00:48, 6 March 2007 (GMT)
Info box format
If you're going to demote somebody due to prolonged inactivity, do me a favor and please let me know about it next time rather than letting me find out from the log. Also, a message on User talk:Knootoss probably wouldn't have gone amiss. --User:Goobergunch|? 09:39, 1 August 2006 (GMT)
- Understandable, as I haven't been particularly active lately; however, unless I'm on an announced vacation I'm pretty much always lurking in the background. :) --User:Goobergunch|? 18:46, 2 August 2006 (GMT)
Your user thing that says you are proud to be canadian etc, etc. Loads of you have these but there are no public templates to use. Could you please direct me in finding these. Niploma.
Your User Template
I take it that you have created the symbols of the political parties in Pacitalia. They are extremely good. How did you do that?! Llanawar 14:10, 29 August 2006 (GMT)
Given you are the more active of the two bureaucrats, your weighing in on Aridd's nomination for sysop would be appreciated. There are only two votes, but it doesn't appear there will be any more. Is that sufficient to justify his being elevated? ~Gruen2alk 13:43, 23 September 2006 (GMT)
Thanks! I've signed the Admin Guide. Aridd 10:29, 30 September 2006 (GMT)
Just a note
Pacitalia=Fail :P Willink 14:58, 22 October 2006 (GMT) I must second that-okie
Is it possible to change from "Omigodtheykilledkenny" to just plain "Kenny"? Omigodtheykilledkenny 20:55, 2 November 2006 (GMT)
Yes, I have chhecked the block log, and seen that you have blocked User: Eurasia for "plagiarism". I have to ask, what exactly you mean by that. And I don't think Eurasia knows as there is no note on his talk page. I could not find the world plagiarism but in some nation articles, so I cannot find any official policies relating to it. --swilatia 12:14, 5 March 2007 (GMT)
- Well, I've talked to BL (good friend of mine at school), and he stated that he was blocked for...not being unique enough...it isn't that he copied or committed what we normally think of as "plagiarism", but BL didn't "add enough to the Wiki" or something. Idk, though. -ChewbaccaDefence 22:19, 5 March 2007 (GMT)
- That's not exactly what I said to him, and believe me, I expected that my words would be strung around for a loop on this -- I said that not being unique defies the creed of NSwiki, but I did not say that it was the reason for his ban. I said he was banned for lifting content essentially word-for-word from other users' articles, clarified that there was a difference between doing that and sharing ideas or templates (which is, of course, fine) and admitted that the rules needed to be clearer but that blatant copying, anywhere within the Wikisphere, was an offence. I said that he was interpreting the free-documentation licence a bit too liberally and implied that he should read it to inform himself for future issues.
- I also said that we, as staff, would try to make the rules around here a bit more explicit in the future to avoid this kind of confusion. I shortened his ban because he admitted he didn't know what he was doing was wrong, and assure you that I did everything possible to give him the benefit of the doubt. But he doesn't deserve anything from any of us for evading a ban. What is two weeks now when he will not be allowed on the Wiki for the rest of his life?
- Finally, I have to say that the thing that irritates me most about this issue is no longer what offences he committed but the fact that he thinks he'll get sympathy for something he did wrong by making it a NationStates-wide problem, posting a thread on Jolt. He thinks he should be given special treatment on this. In university, if you plagiarise, you get no second chances. You are expelled and it's put on your record that you cheated. Sorry to be blunt, but he needs to suck it up and move on. (( Pacitalkia )) Time sent: 01:09, 7 March 2007 (GMT)
I like the infoboxes you use for your PMs; they look like the ones they use on regular Wikipedia. Do you mind if I steal the template for my president's page? With a few slight modifications, of course. :p Omigodtheykilledkenny 01:47, 19 July 2007 (GMT)
- Heh. OK, thanks! Nice edits on your Sorantanali article, btw. Chilling stuff. Omigodtheykilledkenny 15:13, 19 July 2007 (GMT)
Where is my Nation?
I wrote up a whole page on my nation saved it and now I can't find it when I search it. How can I access it?