Just a friendly suggestion -- why not focus your edits on some of the topic articles rather than other countries? My piece on Roman Catholicism is a glorified stub that could use some editing and expanding, and i'm sure you could do a nice job, keeping NPOV in mind. Cheers. TB
- It is higly inappropriate to place the word 'fuckian' amongst the languages of SeOCC, akin to vandalism. Please refrain from vandalising entries in order to ridicule the players. I will be taking this matter up with the other sysops but I must ask you to cease these activities. NsWiki is supposed to be create a player environment where everyone is welcome. --Knoot 13:05, 20 Oct 2004 (GMT)
- Also, since you've got a blue million red links on your nation page, you're obviously going to need a factbook. So I made one. To add an article to Category:Syskeyia, just add [[Category:Syskeyia]] somewhere on the page. → Frisbeeteria Θtalk 23:49, 21 Oct 2004 (GMT)
Syskeyia, if you're not ready to start the Joanna Von Sachshausen-class Battleship and Syskeyiapolis articles, please don't create a page just to reserve the name. If there is a contest over the name, first one there is not automatically the winner anyway. They get Disambiguation pages instead. So write the articles, and THEN post the page. I'm following people around and adding categories and back-links, and this sort of page doesn't help. → Frisbeeteria Θtalk 00:02, 22 Oct 2004 (GMT)
Syskeyia, I have moved all of the arbitration materials to a sub page off of your User page. Please leave the link intact and abide by the order, but beyond that you have your pages back. → Fris Θtalk 00:32, 5 Nov 2004 (GMT)
I'm going to step in here before Knoot sees and goes ballistic: Syskeyia, leave Knoot's pages alone. Just leave 'em be. NSUN is a perfectly acceptable alternative for UN, and your edits appear to be done purely out of the joy of annoying Knoot. I'm rolling them back, and I'd appreciate it if you'd concentrate your efforts elsewhere for a few months. This is childish and unnecessary, and by some terms harrassment. If you really want us to crank up the arbitration engine again, I'm sure it could be arranged. As for me, I'd rather avoid doing that, but it's entirely up to you. Back off these unnecessary edits. → Fris Θtalk 03:18, 9 Nov 2004 (GMT)
continued attacks on Knoot's pages
Christianity language changes
- Principles - RL Vatican documents are presumed to apply to NS nations unless explicity stated otherwise (i.e. "alternate universe" where Vatican II never happened.)
Haven't we done this dance several times? Nothing is presumed about any nation except what that nation decides. RL events do not affect NS nations, unless the nation states it to be so. You may choose that path for Syskeyia, you may not alter the wiki to declare that your way is the only correct way. → Fris Θtalk 21:01, 30 Nov 2004 (GMT)
- on IRC you asked, "[18:49] <Syskeyia> Just two suggestions on the "Christianity" article- can we say the persecuting Catholics *either* disregard *or ignore Dignitatis Humanae?"
No, we aren't going to change the language. Your wording imples that such a document exists in NS and must be disregarded or ignored. As we've stated over and over and over and over again, RL rules DO NOT APPLY unless a nation chooses to accept them. Other nations don't acknowledge that Dignitatis Humanae exists. That is a TRUE statement.
Stating that the nation of Syskeyia recognizes such documents and incorporates them into their worldview is fine. Implying that other nations must be ignoring them is not fine. Three out of the four sysops have signed off on this specific language, and it stays. DO NOT CHANGE THAT LANGUAGE AGAIN or I will begin a discussion of a permanent ban.
- on IRC you asked, "[18:49] <Syskeyia>And can you find another "good religionwank" country?"
I don't RP. I don't do religion. I'm not an author of Christianity, I worked as an arbitrator of an editing dispute. If you want to make suggestions to the other authors of that page, have at it. It's not a topic I have any interest in persuing. From what I've seen, the article appears to be accurate and relatively NPOV.
Just because you don't want to be listed as an example is not sufficient reason to have your nation removed from the encyclopedia entry. I'm sure Sephiroth and Hataria wouldn't like to be listed as godmodders, but I wouldn't remove them from a godmodding example page either. → Fris Θtalk 02:09, 2 Dec 2004 (GMT)
It would be nice if the Syskeyian Policy on Satanism included these things
- Punishments for Satanism
- Some words on previous convictions
- If there is controversy about the law.
Block / Ban
Editing my Nation page
I was alerted to a minor edit you have made to my nation's page, and while I suppose it would be correct to call them churches rather than temples, despite the fact that in my role-play those "churches" were taken over from previous native and socialist groups, I nonetheless ask that you'd go over such changes with me before you do something that might add an inconsistency with my nation's character. --Sidestreamer|talk