World Cup FAC Vote (9/0/0) - Closed
Please remember to sign your votes with 4 tildes (~~~~) and update the vote tally when you vote.
- I believe this article to be very well constructed. Rechze • (talk) 04:15, 18 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- I believe this article would make a very nice featured article. Snub Nose 38
- I don't think that the WCC section is too long. I'll vote for it. Iansisle 06:45, 19 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- Objections dealt with. However, I thought it might *also* be nice to have a text paragraph dealing with how a World Cup works. The process, so to speak. -- |Knoot|KNOOtalk 10:53, 19 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- I've added the Procedure section, per Knoot's request. Other WCers, if you think anything should be added to that, please feel free. And I'll vote in favor of the article too. Bedistan 14:33, 19 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- I don't see any reason against this being a future article. And I like the World Cup. Cockbill Street 17:06, 23 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- The World Cup is growing into NationStates biggest continual roleplays I think this is very deserved of being the featured article, due to the excellent portrayal of it in this wonderful piece. - TBF 17:16, 23 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- Let me add my voice to the tremendous support that the article has generated, as the guys above have said, it isn't too long, and with the Procedure bit, clearer. - Liverpool England
- The World Cup entry is well done, has many interesting information, make it featured! ~ Rejistania 11:58, 4 Jan 2005 (GMT)
- I'd like to vote for, but maybe "The World Cup Committee" can be split up in 2 or 3 sections? Its a bit long now. -- |Knoot|KNOOtalk 02:42, 19 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- "The World Cup is growing into NationStates biggest continual roleplays" - let me remind everyone once again that the importance or lack thereof in the NationStates forum is irrelevant to featured articles in NSwiki. We are judging articles based on how they are written and whether they are accurate and representative of their subject. A well-written article about a single nation or 2-player roleplay has just as much validity towards NSwiki features as a popular event like the World Cup. → Fris Θtalk 18:45, 23 Dec 2004 (GMT)
"World Cup VI was slated to be hosted by Kingsford and Spaam, but RL issues prevented this from happening and Lemmitania took over hosting of the Cup. Both Kingsford and Spaam still became WCC members."
Is there a particular reason why this sentence was removed? It's both true and relevant. The only thing I can think of is that it's partially OOC. Bedistan 12:49, 5 Apr 2005 (GMT)
Probably because Kingsford is no longer a WCC member
This article is defintely a great article, but in the spirit of wikipedia, it is definitely quite biased, showing only general infomation and statistics.. i feel that a fair article on the world cup would also need to show the controversy these past 22 cups.
How the hell can providing the general information on the cup be biased? --Weegies 19:52, 12 Jun 2005 (GMT)
sorry that was my post above, anyway, forget what i sad.. now that individual WC articles are being put up, then each of them can contain info, and unique happenings that happened then One Red Dot 16:45, 20 Jun 2005 (GMT)
The entry says that TnUI has made 22 appearances in the finals, and entered every Cup bar WC1. Only 23 Cups had taken place at that time, so surely TnUI qualified for all of them and hence the claim that the record for most consecutive appearances in the finals is held by Audioslavia is false? KP 10:51, 6 Sep 2005 (GMT)
We should do something like this...
Someone should update the facts about Bedistan. Spaam 14:46, 28 April 2006 (GMT)
Surely the following exerpt " Excel spreadsheets are the most common method, but the Java program Leagion has been used more often since World Cup 14. " Regarding the use of Leagion is 1) Biased and 2) outdated.