Union of World Powers
|Union of World Powers|
The Union of World Powers is a military and mutual protection alliance composed of ten of the world's largest superpowers and uberpowers. The alliance was founded in late 2004 and is headquartered in the Euroslavian city of Arcadia, with a secondary headquarters in Timiocato, Pacitalia. Applications are open for review at the present time.
- 1 The Charter of the Union of the World Powers (UWP)
- 2 Ministerial roles and obligations
- 3 Membership in the UWP
- 4 Member obligations
- 5 Members of the Union of World Powers
The Charter of the Union of the World Powers (UWP)
It is the purpose of the Union of World Powers to improve and maintain trade and security, both political and economic, among member nations.
The Union of World Powers (hereafter referred to as the UWP) will be directed by an elected Council of Ministers (hereafter referred to as the UWP Council). Each Minister will work to ensure the security, prosperity, and stability of the UWP as a whole, without infringing upon the sovereign rights of the individual member nations.
Elections will be held monthly, on the following schedule: 1st Election- Ministry of world Conflicts and Ministry of Economics 2nd election- Ministry of Defense and Ministry of Recruiting 3rd Election- Ministry of Intelligence and Ministry of State As each election takes place one month after the previous election, each Minister will therefore serve for a term of three months- unless removed from office, resigned, or otherwise rendered incapable of performing the duties of the office.
The Minister of State may call for a temporary election for any vacant Ministry during the next scheduled election to last only for the duration of the vacant Ministry’s term.
The order of succession of the Ministries shall be as follows: The Minister of State shall be succeeded by the Minister of World Conflicts. The Minister of World Conflicts shall be succeeded by the Minister of Recruiting. The Minister of Recruiting shall be succeeded by the Minister of Defense. The Minister of Defense shall be succeeded by the Minister of Intelligence. The Minister of Intelligence shall be succeeded by the Minister of Economics. The duties of the Minister of Economics shall be jointly undertaken by the Ministers of Intelligence and State until a new Minister is elected.
Note that the order of succession does not denote seniority among the Ministries. The Minister of State is the only Minister who is senior to any other. This order of succession is designed to allow sufficient time for new Ministers to be elected following the election cycle already described.
The six Ministers of the UWP Council will make decisions for the UWP as a whole. The Council will allow all members to debate any given issue for a period of time determined by the Minister of State to be sufficient for any necessary debate. The Council will then vote among themselves on the issue, with a simple majority winning the decision. Any Primary member who objects to any decision by the UWP Council may issue a formal challenge to the decision, before the decision is acted upon. The entire UWP membership will then vote on whether or not to overturn the decision. In order to overturn a Council decision, a simple majority of votes is required- unless the UWP has more than 18 member nations, in which case a 2/3 majority will be required.
Ministerial roles and obligations
Minister of State
Act as chief representative for the Union to the international community, as well as mediator for all internal issues. This Minister's actions affect the reputation of the Union, and how it is judged by other nations. It's chief duties include: - Presides over all meetings of the UWP Council - Represents the Union in any sort of Conference/Meeting. - Makes any important Announcements to the rest of the world, about specific things the Union needs to put forth, such as economic aid packages. - Announces the Union's stance on specific conflicts. If the Minister of State resigns, is removed from office, or is otherwise unable to perform his duties, the Minister of World Conflicts shall assume the duties of the Minister of State for the rest of that position’s term.
Minister of Intelligence
- Keeps track of possible/potential threats to the Union. - Does everything practical to obtain information on other Alliances/Nations, their policies, and possible future actions. - Keeps the Union informed on anything that may be of interest. - Investigates/Announces new Alliances and their intentions. If the Minister of Intelligence is removed from office, resigns, or is otherwise unable to perform the duties of the office, the Minister of Economics shall assume the duties of the office until a new Minister is elected.
Minister of Economics
The Economics Minister is responsible for: 1. Making sure that the economies of every nation within the UWP is healthy. 2. Making proposals and deals with UWP and non-UWP nations alike, for economic boosts, trade, etc. 3. Keeping track of donations and who specifically is donating how much. 4. Checking the Treasury and how much money is in it. Making sure everything that the Union does is paid for. If the Minister of Economics is removed from office, resigns, or is otherwise incapable of performing the duties of the office, the Minister of State and the Minister of Intelligence will jointly undertake the duties and responsibilities of the office until a new Minister is elected.
Minister of Defense
The Minister of Defense shall manage and maintain the UWP Rapid Deployment Force to assist UWP member nations who are attacked or threatened until the remaining member nations can muster forces and respond. The Minister shall also direct the response of member nations to assist the threatened member, including controlling the strategic direction of the military response at his sole discretion. If the Minister of Defense resigns, is removed from office, or is otherwise incapable of performing the duties of the office, the Minister of Intelligence shall perform the duties of the office until a new Minister is elected.
Minister of World Conflicts
The Minister of World Conflicts shall work closely with the Minister of Intelligence to monitor global events that may infringe upon the security of UWP member nations, the UWP as a whole, or Sea Lines of Communication for individual members or the UWP as a whole. On presenting evidence of such a threat to the UWP Council, the Council will determine whether or not a military response is required. If a military response is deemed necessary, the Minister will request military units from such member nations as he deems appropriate. The Minister will organize a Strike Force with the assistance of contributing members and will thereafter direct the strategic actions of the Strike Force until the threat is resolved. If the Minister of World Conflicts resigns, is removed from office, or otherwise incapable of performing the duties of the office, the Minister of Recruiting shall perform the duties of the office until a new Minister is elected.
Minister of Recruiting
The Minister of Recruiting will be responsible for the selection of prospective members to the UWP. He will also appoint and oversee the Recruiting committee, research prospective members with the assistance of the Committee, and make recommendations to the Council on the fitness of a prospective member. If the Minister of Recruiting resigns, is removed from office, or is otherwise incapable of performing the duties of the office, the Minister of Defense shall assume the duties and responsibilities of the office until a new Minister is elected.
Membership in the UWP
The Recruiting Minister may select no more than 4 member nations to assist him in this effort- including one Provisional Member- to form the Recruiting Committee. Each member of the Recruiting Committee has one vote, including the Minister him/herself.
Any Primary member may submit the name of a nation to the Committee for review and investigation. The Committee members will review the prospective member's history, economy, and reputation. The Committee members will then vote on whether or not to allow the prospective member into the UWP as a Provisional Member. To advance to the status of Primary Member, a Provisional member must be nominated for advancement by a current Primary member. The Council will then vote on whether or not to allow Primary membership to the Provisional member.
Provisional members are not permitted to vote on UWP issues or for Ministerial elections. They are permitted (and encouraged) to submit issues to the Council or the full membership for debate, and to debate any issue before the membership or the Council. Provisional members are permitted to vote on overturning a Council decision.
The security of the UWP shall be the joint responsibility of the Ministers of Defense and World Conflicts.
- Be it resolved that all member nations are pledged to the defense and security of all members of the Union against any unwarranted aggression from foreign or domestic entities - Member nations will contribute troops, equipment, and economic support to the UWP on a basis to be agreed to by each member nation and the UWP Defense Minister. - Member nations will refrain from engaging in activities that would result in a direct degradation of the economic or political security of other member nations. - Member nations also recognize that all rights to collective security can be revoked by majority ruling of the Ministers, if said member is found to be engaging in aggressive or openly hostile policies likely to result in retaliation by the affected parties. In cases of extreme reckless behavior, member nations can be called before the UWP Council to defend their actions and may face expulsion or other disciplinary measures. - Members in the Union agree to Free Trade with all member states, in which any nation may engage in inter-union trade free of tariffs, etc. Any disputes over trade barriers will be placed before the Minister of Economics for resolution. If the Economics Minister is involved in the dispute, then the UWP Council will decide the issue, and the involved parties may not vote. -Union members will also ensure all products exported match or surpass UWP regulations, as ratified by the UWP membership by majority vote. - Member nations shall agree to refrain from attacks on other UWP members. Members violating this agreement will be summarily expelled from the UWP without debate, and will thereafter be treated as any other hostile nation at war with a UWP member. - A member nation which acts in a manner contrary to the Union Charter, or whose actions disrupt trade or security for any other member, or for the UWP as a whole in the opinion of any two Ministers will be called before the Council to defend its actions. If the Council votes that a member is in violation of the Charter, then the matter shall be referred to the UWP membership for vote. The membership may vote to expel the trangressing member (Primary or Provisional) from the UWP or to reduce a Primary member's status to Provisional. The membership may also vote to overturn the Council's ruling, as previously provided in the Charter.