User talk:Wilem Engelking
Hey, Wilem Engelking! Welcome to NSwiki. When you get a chance, tell us a bit about yourself on your User page.
You can sign your name on talk pages by using "~~~" for your username and "~~~~" for your username and a timestamp.
Some useful pages that you might want to look over:
- NSwiki:Welcome is a good place to start.
- NSwiki:Page editing gives editing help.
- NSwiki:Policy tell about the principles NSwiki operates on.
- NSwiki:Help covers a broad range of useful topics.
- NSwiki:Village pump is a place to ask questions.
- NSwiki:What to contribute gives ideas on how to get involved.
To double-check your edits before saving, please press the "Show preview" button before saving the page, as edits are visible immediately.
Feel free to drop me a question on my talk page - I'll answer as best I can if I'm around, or refer you to somebody who can answer better.
- Thank you, Frisbeeteria. You have a good eye - it is Devanagari. I have a taste for syllabic scripts in general, and this one is particularly beautiful and logical. :) -- Wilem Engelking 01:24, 21 Oct 2004 (GMT)
Wilem, check out the category discussion on the *NSwiki:Village pump. We're trying to limit the creation of new categories, and you've just added Currencies and GUSTO to the list. It's probably better to have Currencies in your Factbook than to create a new sub category, and the GUSTO Factbook could have waited until the basic page was written. Just a thought. → Frisbeeteria Θtalk 14:47, 21 Oct 2004 (GMT)
- Sorry, I have perhaps been a bit overly eager with GUSTO. :) Category:Currencies did already exist, that's why I have added New Merit to it. It just didn't have a description. -- Wilem Engelking 15:14, 21 Oct 2004 (GMT)
Hell Bovines' Map
Thanks for the warning, pal. Seems like I need to get myself a new webserver, don't I? :-D Anyway, I will take down the map until I find somewhere decent to host it. Thanks for the advice.
You have made a very nice and creative nation page, By the way.
Features and tips
Did you know that the only reason I do all the features and tips is that I'm the only one who bothers? I'd welcome some help. You have both the technical acumen and the recogition of stylistic elements to do it. My standard has been to change the Feature each Sunday or so, at least until we get some more Featured article candidates.
The tip could be changed daily, though I tend to leave up articles that I think are particularly relevant for longer. I've been cycling them from the NSwiki:Tip of the day archive, but you're more than welcome to add to that list.
Want to give it a shot? I'll be away from the wiki for the upcoming 4-day weekend, so now would be a great time to step up. If you have other articles you think might be deserving, add a FAC notice. United Nations is the only FAC in queue, and it's looking awfully lonely. → Fris Θtalk 19:57, 22 Nov 2004 (GMT)
Nomination for sysop
Since your adminship nomination is two days from being closed, you might want to review the Administrator Guide and acknowledge that you have read it and agree to follow it. I won't be able to set your rights +sysop until you have done so. --Goobergunch|? 19:02, 12 Dec 2004 (GMT)
Commentaire / Communiques
The thennat entry was a note to myself to get it going, and we actually had content until discussions stalled and we're waiting on the ACEPB CB proprietors to get onboard with the project. Moreover we're waiting on a few GUSTO projections to finish things off. I apologize if my stub of a placeholder annoys you but I hardly think it's "damaging the project." --Galdago
Thanks for telling me
Yes, I noticed, sadly, that my webhosting server seems to have deleted my account for no apparent reason. I didn't have back-ups of my nation's page, what means I lost a lot of valuable info. Oh, the anger! Anyway, thanks for telling me about it. I'll find a new host as soon as I can. --Hell Bovines 05:07, 19 Dec 2004 (GMT)
shiny new picture
For some reason, your new picture is acting as a thumb. It links to http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php?title=Wilem_Engelking&action=edit. I don't understand < div > well enough to fix it, but I bet you can. → Fris Θtalk 15:45, 22 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- Well, it has to link somewhere to work. Take a look at div.thumb rules in the NSwiki stylesheet to see why. -- Wilem Engelking 15:54, 22 Dec 2004 (GMT)
- Let me rephrase and say, "I don't understand < div > at all", and I've never spent any time in CSS studies either. Like I said, I'm sure you can figure out a way to fix it if necessary. Creating an unneeded Wilem Engelking article is probably not the best of all possible links. → Fris Θtalk 16:03, 22 Dec 2004 (GMT)
The twoslit experiment edits
I noticed you reverted the IP user's edits on twoslit. While his posting wasn't NPOV, it was accurate. I checked the TNP forums last night, and he had in fact just removed all mods and admins (which would have pissed me off too, though I probably wouldn't have taken my anger out on the wiki). I'm not being incredibly strict lately, as I don't want this place to get the rep of having officious and pushy mod staff. I dunno. Anyway, wanted you to be aware of that. → Fris Θtalk 12:42, 6 Jan 2005 (GMT)
There is no longer such nations as coincide with my provinces. Therefore, I must now carefully undo all of your changes as well as remove my old infoboxes. Thanks for the thought, though. I know you're working hard.
Restoration of redirects
I have restored to redirect pages, MT and FT that are redrected to the page Tech level, for their importance for one who would type FT or MT into the search box, unaware of their meanings. Eg: . Sincerely, Rechze • (talk) 23:31, 26 Jan 2005 (GMT)
Loss of sysop rights
Hey - I've removed your sysop powers because you haven't been on in months. If you ever see this and want those powers back, I'm sure we could speed you through NSwiki:Admin nominations. --Goobergunch|? 23:14, 20 Apr 2005 (GMT)