- 1 Known Issues
- 2 Announcements, kinda...
- 3 Help Needed
- 4 Suggestion Box
- 5 Complaint Department
- 6 "What the slani hell?" Department
This is a place to talk about anything NSwiki related. If the discussion is more appropriate on some other page, move it there. For example, if it is a question and answer that others may find useful move it to user questions.
For admin help, see NSwiki:Request_for_Administrative_Help.
Aaaaah My infobox died!
http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/Okielahoma Yeah i tried to change the colors to match my flag and kaput. Something snapped. Aaaah! Okie 21:29, 7 March 2007.
- There is a new problem with the infoboxes for issues, nations, and resolutions. They used to be right justified (standard to the way Wiki does things) but now they are all left justified. Can somebody fix that? Mikitivity 03:24, 11 April 2007 (GMT)
http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/Friendly_Aliens this maybe different to the query above query but my infobox is f00ked and its the same for my comrade Roudland and maybe others. How can i change my page back to normal? Baz 10:10, 11 April 2007 (GMT)
Infobox Link Gone Bad
http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/Bercktesgaden My flag and seal refuse to link and its a valid page...--18.104.22.168 22:41, 14 July 2007 (GMT)
- You put the share link rather than the direct link to your photobucket album. In the future use the direct link not the share link that photobucket gives you. I have corrected the links in your page so they work properly. John 00:56, 15 July 2007 (GMT)
http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/UN_Member http://ns.goobergunch.net/wiki/index.php/UN_member hmBlacksmith 04:23, 16 September 2007 (GMT)
- Is there a "redirect" function on NSwiki like there is on Wikipedia?--Einmyria 01:32, 26 October 2007 (GMT)
It decided to shrivel and shrink... --22.214.171.124 21:58, 19 August 2007 (GMT)
- Since the article has been replaced, I'm putting it up as a candidate for deletion.--Einmyria 01:32, 26 October 2007 (GMT)
On the table: Improvements and other priorities
Safely said, the long-term goals of this site are to have five sysops on staff (since we have a sort of de facto shift rotation going on where we can provide round-the-clock monitoring of the site for vandalism, manual linkspam, policy violations etc.) I've posted a notice encouraging users to nominate others or themselves for the position (we won't discriminate against self-nominators as much this time) on the Main Page under Announcements.
Our second priority thus far is updating the Main Page to reflect current MediaWiki code and updated designs. Our front page falls a bit flat in comparison to others: we have two suggested templates (see this section of the talk page for Main Page to view the ideas from User:Jey and User:Swilatia. Current opinion favours Swilatia's template but if you'd like to say your bit, do so there. I'd personally like to hold an open poll to select the new template, choosing between the two, or remaining as is. Thoughts? (( Pacitalkia )) Time sent: 02:18, 4 March 2007 (GMT)
Often many of the articles (and for good reason) focus on the political / military aspects of NationStates, but I wanted to suggest that we consider creating a category for cuisine that might help promote more cultural articles. Any thoughts? Mikitivity 00:09, 12 March 2007 (GMT)
- Sounds like a great idea to me. I'm always in favour of ways to expand upon every aspect of our nations, especially outside of the political and military fields. I'm sure, considering what I've seen of some of the awesomely detailed nations out there, that some people will have some material to stick in there! The Charr 01:24, 4 April 2007 (GMT)
Is it possible to write a script that would search all of the character articles and randomly select a couple characters each day to link to on the main page who's fiction birthdays correspond with the calendar date? For example the script would read all of the characters that have the "category:character" or its sub-categories and then today would grab a few to link to? Mikitivity 05:37, 24 April 2007 (GMT)
- That would be really cool, I hope that there is a way to do it! John 20:39, 24 April 2007 (GMT)
- It's definitely do-able. All the characters would have to categorize their birthdays exactly in the same manner. It would then be categorized according to day, then month, then year. The main page could very well point to the "day" category for birthdays.--Einmyria 01:46, 26 October 2007 (GMT)
- Create it yourself, then you can use it immediately! There's no need to ask. If there's a purpose to be served in creating a template, just do it. LE (WP) | Talk 09:15, 5 June 2007 (GMT)
For complaints about vandalism, please go to NSwiki:Vandalism_in_progress and leave a report.