Anything posted on User talk:Swilatia befor the 9th of March 2007 can be found here.
Hey, Swilatia/Archive! Welcome to NSwiki. When you get a chance, tell us a bit about yourself on your User page.
You can sign your name on talk pages by using " ~~~ " for your username and " ~~~~ " for your username and a timestamp.
Some useful pages that you might want to look over:
- NSwiki:Welcome is a good place to start.
- NSwiki:Page editing gives editing help.
- NSwiki:Policy tell about the principles NSwiki operates on.
- NSwiki:Help covers a broad range of useful topics.
- NSwiki:Village pump is a place to ask questions.
- NSwiki:What to contribute gives ideas on how to get involved.
To double-check your edits before saving, please press the "Show preview" button before saving the page, as edits are visible immediately.
Feel free to drop me a question on my talk page - I'll answer as best I can if I'm around, or refer you to somebody who can answer better.
Templates are used on hundreds of pages. What's suitable for one page may not be for them all. Please be very careful when editing templates. I had to revert your edit to the City template. Hopefully, I have edited the Infobox on your city page appropriately. Please let me know if you have further problems. Gruen2alk 18:27, 28 December 2005 (GMT)
- Could you perhaps make another template for me? I would like a Failed Resolutions template to mirror the resolution template you previously made. Thanks! :) Mikitivity 20:41, 5 November 2006 (GMT)
- Voting time is up on the nomination, so just read the administrator guidelines and sign the thing that says you've read it and your userrights will be updated. --Goobergunch|? 23:05, 3 March 2006 (GMT)
Congratulations on receiving sysopship. Jey is sure you'll do a fine job and will help to improve this wiki.
On the title of King
In case you haven't noticed, the article was a quick stub pending an other writer's( Edited in: Owain's to be precise) contribution, which has arrived shortly. Edited in: Hence my writing that "King is the usual title of a sovereign monarch." A very brief and short stub to specify that this article was about the title of King, as it should be. And you went on and added "male" commenting "(youd never call a female monarch "the king"). Great job on linguistics show off.
It is funny, I remember having received a message from a sysop on me using Plague as name of an article, with the sysop clearly recommending a renaming. It would have appeared I was depriving other nations from having the same privilege (even if, to date, no article on Plague exists). And some people go ahead and simply write a provincial article under King and the sysops just don't care. Well, they do, but they do so belatedly only to show off their linguistic skills.
With love, Jester 15:47, 5 March 2006 (GMT)
- Oh, and good job on moving King_(Malesia) to King_(Province) and leaving the former as a redirect article. What's the point when you can simply delete the former, then go to Malesia and correct the linking? With love, Jester 16:05, 5 March 2006 (GMT)
- Well, first of all, if you ask questions related to complaints on your talk page, then post them on your talk page. You are a sysop, you should not go about spamming other pages. Well, wait, considering you are breeding redirect pages, I take my words back. Anyway, I have already edited in some more information into my rant. Hope they help to understand. With love, Jester 17:10, 5 March 2006 (GMT)
- It is also my opinion that somebody who does not know that Poland is written with a capital letter should not show off linguistic skills. Furthermore, if you had issues with the veracity of the now defunct stub, you were welcome to write maybe a bit more than one single word. Or you could have actually moved the provincial article before I spotted it and written your own stub to replace it. Thank you for your attention. Jester 17:10, 5 March 2006 (GMT)
And apologies for a silly rant
Well, thinking it all over, yes, your actions are not logical and can be qualified as silly, but so is my rant. Was greatly on the nerves today and it happens to me that I erupt into a fireball :P And your rather ill-placed edit, its quality and the comment attached to it served as a detonator.
For that, I apologise, however, I want still wish to issue a couple recommendations:
- delete one of those provincial articles and then make sure the nation's article still links to the appropriate one. Spawning redirect pages for such a little article is, IMHO, not justified.
- it is a universal truth that a King is a male, except in Weyr where they are a Kingdom republic with a female High King. Writing "male monarch" for King is just like writing "female president" for Susanna. The female President of Whateveristan is called Susanna. <- Just as an example.
- correct poland to Poland in your user page. And the other typos, too, because they look quite silly in a sysop's user page ;)
Cheers, Jester 17:28, 5 March 2006 (GMT)
Re:Deletion of Main page
I reverted your deletion of Main page. I believe the reason the page was created was to facilitate navigation from Talk:Main page to Main Page, as Talk:Main Page is a redirect to Talk:Main page, but Main page was not a redirect before.
- It was moved because Talk:Main Page was facing extreme vandalism and had to be protected. Ceo \ rant \ rave 14:46, 5 April 2006 (GMT)
- The page was vandalized so often that it became necessary to protect and redirect it. Ceo \ rant \ rave 22:34, 5 April 2006 (GMT)
I don't mind your edit in the CBBC article, but it doesn't make much sense. It isn't a "claim" by Ariddians; it's a fact stated by CBBC themselves (in forum threads). What do you think their burgers are made from? Aridd 16:04, 6 July 2006 (GMT)
- Re your answer: A technicality, but a valid point. Doesn't make much of a difference from Ariddians' perspective, but that did occur to me (which is why I didn't revert your edit). Aridd 16:32, 6 July 2006 (GMT)
Union for Democracy
No, I'm trying to point out the inherent problem in "major" and "minor". If you can just edit yourself in who's going to decide what's major and what's minor - which surely depends on outside perception? How major or minor a currency then depends on if the person wants to participate in this thing or not, and if so, how much work they're going to put into the article. It's a big NationStates world and many countries will never even RP with each other. This kind of language just is completely arbitrary. --Kelssek 02:17, 16 November 2006 (GMT)
2nd Winter Olympics
Sorry about that.. I did post something, but i din't like the way it came out. Sorry again --Qazox 00:23, 10 December 2006 (EST)